6-Month, Self-Paced Online Learning Package Description:
Using the self-paced online modules and multiple online resources, this course is designed to give CSRS and FERS employees clarity about their federal benefits. After the course is completed, employees will also receive a personalized analysis of their benefits and a one-on-one consultation with a knowledgeable federal benefits analyst. We understand that federal employees feel confused about retirement. Once the federal employee understands their federal benefits clearly, they can exchange their confusion for clarity. This knowledge empowers the employee to confidently create an effective plan for retirement.
Course 1: To educate employees on different types of service appointments and how they could affect their Service Computation Date as well as how survivor annuity and sick leave benefits are calculated in retirement.
- Service Computation Date
- Survivor Annuity Benefits
- How to calculate sick leave
Course 2: To provide an understanding of the factors that must be considered in order to maximize Social Security benefits.
- Taxes and Social Security
- The Standardized Earnings Limit Test
- Government Pension Offset (GPO) and Windfall Elimination Program (WEP)
Course 3: To help federal employees minimize the impact of taxes in retirement
- Traditional TSP and IRA
- Roth TSP and Roth IRA
- Federal tax implications on TSP
Course 4: To explain the employee benefit programs available to the attendees and how they work while employed and in retirement.
- Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB)
- Federal Employees’ Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI)
- Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP)
- A comprehensive tutorial on how to navigate the Select Program
- Videos (Each video has a Closed Caption Option)
- Downloadable PDFs
- A personalized federal benefits analysis
- A Federal Benefits, Retirement Coach to answer individual questions throughout the duration of the membership